Quotes from First Ladies



Martha Washington Quotes, 3, below

"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition."

“I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.”

“. . . steady as a clock, busy as a bee, and cheerful as a cricket. . . .”







"You must do the things you think you cannot do."

Eleanor Roosevelt


Imagine what people that have thought like this, have accomplished that would otherwise not ever have been done? Great inspirational quote, for when you feel like giving up, or have lost faith in yourself, or any other number of circumstances.